Wednesday, September 05, 2007

PART TWO: SPAIN & SWITZERLAND







FYI: Switzerland is expensive! Check out the prices of the value meals at the Zurich airport. Me and Brad hung out here in this massive mall/airport waiting for our flight to Barcelona. Granted, the above prices are in Swiss Francs but in US dollars it would only be about a dollar less.

And I hope you all appreciate the plethora of condiments we take for granted in the US. In most places in Europe, ketchup packets cost like 30 cents!!! But of course mustard is free. :(

Oh yeah, and they make you pay to use public bathrooms! HAHAHA



In Barcelona they are known for the thousands of street performers who line the streets of the city entertaining tourists from around the world. Jack here, from Nightmare Before Christmas was on huge stilts. I don't know if you can tell in the picture but he is rubbing the tops of people's heads.



These two stood completely still until someone would throw money in their buckets and then they would ride the bikes and make really odd noises.





I got to give some props to this lady. Everything about her was so completely detailed.






Living statue guy.






My Dad's next girlfriend. HAHAHAH. Just kidding Dad.



Check out the look on the old lady's face. She was cracking up.


The worst Teenage Mutant Ninja EVER!!!





A street in Barcelona.




An alley behind the Cathedral.





The view from the roof of the Cathedral.




The Cathedral de Barcelona. It construction was started in the 1200's.







A plaza in Barcelona.




We found this beautiful lagoon in the middle of a park in Barcelona when we were walking around one day. Pretty sweet huh?




The lagoon had swans, ducks and all kinds of wildlife running around in it.




The Hotel Continental where Brad and I. It reminded me of Hollywood a bit but at night it was a lot like being in Time Square in NY. You could walk right outside and buy cans of beer for a dollar, pot, and hookers if that was your bag. Needless to say Brad was missing a lot. Ha ha. Just kidding.







Walk this way please.










Our hotel was really conveniently located, there was free breakfast and snacks all day. Free water, free BEER, free internet and other stuff. However, we did have to suffer through the decor that looked like flowers threw up all over EVERYTHING. I'm not kidding. Even the ceiling.





A shining moment.




Our room. It was like summer camp at the Pepto Bismol academy.


This is why you don't get drunk and let your roommate take pictures of you. I don't know what the hell I was doing. He wanted me to walk backwards down stairs in the hallway of the hotel like the demon in the Exorcist. I didn't make it very far.




The Gaudi Museum.




We took a train a half an hour outside of Barcelona to a beach town called Sitges. I loved it there and I will definitely make it a destination on my next trip to Spain. This is a street on the way to the beach.




The beach. It was so beautiful.



Looks a little like Miami right?



Some broad.



Sitges beach.






Brad taking a break from staring at the topless sunbathers.







Barcelona.





Las Ramblas, (where our hotel was) in the daytime.



Out of all the places to eat in Barcelona, Brad and I chose an Indian restaurant called Bembe. It is owned by Master Chef trained in India and the UK. We had this amazing 9 course dinner that was only $25 Euros each. (About 35 bucks) I've never eaten so much in my life. I actually got a cramp walking back to the hotel from eating too much!!




Brad on our hotel lobby balcony overlooking La Rambla at night.





When we returned to Germany, we met up with some of Brad's family in Appenzale, Switzerland. Here I saw a dog that looked a lot like my dog growing up.





For those of you wondering, they do have a Penis Union in Switzerland.





Appenzale, Switzerland.








Andrea feeling "special".




Brad's cousin Nikko.



The four stooges. Brad, Andrea, Melanie and Tom.






Tomas, Nikko and Connie.



Continuing my tradition of making out with any inanimate object I could find....




Following our excursion in Appenzale we all went to this mountain where they had bob-sled rides that went down the hill. YES, me and Brad actually rode a Bob-Sled down the Swiss Alps. It was AWESOME!!



This picture defines the term "Cluster fuck". For most of our time with Brad's family, we visited places in these huge groups of people. You can imagine how hard it was to keep the group together and to agree on what to do. Luckily the debates we always in German so I didn't have to do anything but stand there and wait till someone pointed in a direction. This picture is so funny because we were at a four-way intersection and everyone was trying to go in a different direction.




To those of you who love the show "Arrested Development" as much as I do, you will appreciate that I found a store that caters to "Never-nudes".




Lake Constance (or the Bodensee as the Germans call it) from afar.







Insanity beginning to set in after 20 hours of travel with barely any sleep.






Those neck pillows really come in handy.



Sleep deprivation makes me angry!!!!!!!





Well people, I hope you enjoyed my pictures and there are still more to come from Brads camera. Check back soon!

1 comment:

Teresa Langston said...

wow - didn't realize how really beautiful the countryside in Germany is...