Thursday, January 19, 2006

So whats wrong with an effin' truce?????

I guess my whole life I have been made to think that a truce was a good thing. I guess I was wrong. To hear it from the Bush Administration, a truce is a admonishment of failure. I thought I wasn't going to have anything new to write about today, but then the CIA authenticated Osama Bin Laden tape appeared on Al-Jazeera and across the globe in milliseconds.

And again I have been amazed at the sheer ignorance of our political leaders. White House spokesman Scott McClellan spoke with reporters today in response to the tapes and discussed Osama's reference to a "truce" among our nations. Now the word in question here is TRUCE. The dictionary defines a truce as:

" a state of peace agreed to between opponents so they can discuss peace terms "
OR

"A temporary cessation or suspension of hostilities by agreement of the opposing sides; an armistice.
A respite from a disagreeable state of affairs"
So here is my question. What is the F****** problem with a truce>?
Here is what our genius McClellan had to say today in the Washington Post:
"We do not negotiate with terrorists. We put them out of business. The terrorists started this war and the president made it clear that we will end it at a time and place of our choosing."
O.K. So let me get this straight. We have "terrorists" who have been making systematic attacks around the world, killing innocent people and who are just generally pissed off and impossible to reason with. And these same irrational terrorists are proposing a truce and we decline? And not just decline. Slam down in the most irrational way!!
Who sounds like the terrorist now?
I don't pretend to know everything that our so-called intelligence knows, but I do know this. It would be ignorant and stupid in the most immense and profound way to turn down an opportunity to create conversation if even for just one day.
Right now what are our alternatives? Endless more lives lost?
For once it would be nice to have someone with half a brain make the decisions that affect human life.
I also want to take the time to applaud the many American people who oppose the war and are vocal about it in the opinion polls. By speaking up we can show the rest of the world that we are all not war mongering idiots.
To read the full transcript of the tape click on this link.
FYI: A truce was offered to Great Britian before the attacks on London. They declined. Hmm......forshadowing maybe????

No comments: